Thursday, August 9, 2007

peeling layers doesn't always make you cry...


I was chatting with a friend of mine (ie, my fella) yesterday and came to the realization, once again, that people are like onions. You think you have a good knowledge of someone and then another layer is revealed.

It's sad that it's taken such a long time to realize once again that people are like onions- because that says to me perhaps I am not delving into the people around me and daring to get to know the next layer. Can I take this metaphor even further and venture to say that sometimes getting closer to the middle of a person can make you cry? Can ruffle feathers?(not talking about an onion here) Can be slightly uncomfortable and challenge your own paradigm?

Concluding thoughts... good fodder for an odder sketch, and time to open my eyes to the richness of the folks around me.

Medium: ink, crayola, and a little of my heart, i think.

No comments: