Thursday, August 2, 2007

Silliness...smarminess...


I always did like the silliness of The Cat in the Hat and even The Cat in the Hat Returns, though in all honesty it was a little scary when i was 6 years old. This drawing reminded me a bit of it.

In looking at it, it is exactly how I feel at the moment. Have you had days when you feel like you are trying to balance far too many things? The fellow holding the umbrella would have a much easier time of it if he were standing on Solid Ground, no? Why does he seem to be trying to do a high wire act? Is he trying to prove to himself/his friends/the world over that he can do it all while being precariously perched? I don't know. I'd ask him, but he's got that sketchy smarmy grin and I'm going to wait till he gets down from that height.

No comments: